Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Random Thoughts on Remembering, or the Lack Of

Random Thoughts                                  Return to Main Menu
on Remembering

For my younger readers and 
   my readers who think they have not experienced some of this,
         this is prophecy for you, your time is coming:

It is really frustrating to find things exactly where they are supposed to be after spending far to much time looking for them.

It is frustrating to be looking for something and 
  then forget what you are looking for.  But, worse,
       It is supremely frustrating to go look for something and 
        when I get to where I am going, I have 
           forgotten why it is 
             I am where I am.
    Then
            The frustration continues when
               I return to where I started and then
                 remember the reason I had left! 

It is frustrating 
  to see someone I have not seen for a long time, and 
  they call me by name, 
  they recall something about our mutual past, 
  and I still do not have a clue as to who they are.

It is frustrating to have forgotten simple things 
  that you know you once knew.

It is frustrating to think I remember something, but 
  not be really sure what exactly it is 
  I am trying to remember.

Why is it, that I lose something, 
  cannot remember where I put it, and 
  when I finally find it, 
    THEN remember that is where I put it.

Memories are great 
  if you can remember that you have them.

Sometimes in my frustration about remembering,
  I think I have forgotten more than I have ever known.  
  Other times, ....... I think I am sure of it.

I am real good at remembering faces, and 
    Oh, I am the best at remembering names...... 
           but the problem is
                I often cannot do it at the same time
.

Finally, it is frustrating 
  that I have experienced all of this and 
  worse,  it is so frustrating that 
  I can remember that I have experienced all of this!

If some of these do not seem possible, just think about
  what you have to look forward to.

Hmmmm.... This writing once was much longer until I read it enough to see that I had repeated myself several times.

I hope I have not published all of this in a past writing.

BUT, 
one thing I know for sure, 
and I pray that
       in my last breath on this earth,
I still remember and pray:
          Jesus loves me,
          This I KNOW, for
           The Bible Tells me So.
The thing about faith is
  we do not have to remember,
    Through our prayers,
       God builds our faith in our hearts
    We just have to remember and practice
        Trusting Him.

Thanks be to God,
lonnie

                        Return to Main Menu










Publication 0135

http://lonnieadailythought.blogspot.com/2013/05/random-thoughts-on-remembering-or-lack.html

Here are a few thoughts about remembering.  If you do not remember that these have happened to you then you can read about what you have to look forward to, or to remember.  If you are over 5 years old, you should remember that some of this has happened to you, maybe,..... remember.

5 comments:

  1. This is great Lonnie. There's so dag gone much truth to it that it's funny, really funny. I especially love the last few lines !!
    Leah Rudd Radcliff

    ReplyDelete
  2. The issue is that there is too much truth in it.... I think, if I remember everything correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try to remember what you said. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. De, just think, if you do not remember it, you get to experience again for the first time.... until after you have experienced it you remember it is not something new. Three great things about a bad memory, dementia, and a few other memory related problems.... YOu meet new people every day, and you only have to buy one DVD! Oh.. the third........ .................. .............................. .......... ............I forgot.

    ReplyDelete