Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Words of Jesus, The Ring of Truth

The Words of Jesus, The Ring of Truth
                                       
                                                                                         Return to Main Menu
                                                      To follow A Daily Thought click>>>




"I tell you the truth..." is an often used phrased in the New Testament NIV, about 60 times in the Gospels, 29 times in Matthew alone.
Other versions often translate the Greek of this as "I tell you...", or "Truly, I say to you...", and another- "I say unto you...".  I like the NIV translations and I read just as often the KJV*, but the NIV really causes you really take notice of what is about to be said.  I often said, "I tell you the truth..." in my middle school  classroom from time to time when I was a teacher.  The students took to heart when they heard from me, "I tell you the Truth, you will go to the office if you speak out of turn one more time."  But like many people, they hear but do not listen, and even in their listening they often do not follow directions.

Jesus had a way with words as He was the master of expressions.  When He says, "I tell you the truth...", we really need to take notice.   Here are a few of his words, His expressions, and His phrases that mean so much to our lives.  I finish with a comment from Saint Paul.  Read carefully, easy to read, easy to learn, and then, follow directions.



Treasures in Heaven

Matthew 6:22,23pp -- Lk 11:34-36

19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


Jesus Comforts His Disciples
John 14
1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.4You know the way to the place where I am going."


Jesus the Way to the Father

John 14

5Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.
   No one comes to the Father except through me
.
7If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."



Forgiving Others
  • Luke 6:37 NIV

    [Judging Others] [6:37-42pp -- Mt 7:1-5] "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
  • John 20:23 NIV

    If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."

Greatest in the Kingdom
Matthew 18
1At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"2He called a child, whom he put among them,3and said, "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.4Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.5Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.6"If any of you put a stumbling block before one of these little ones who believe in me, it would be better for you if a great millstone were fastened around your neck and you were drowned in the depth of the sea.


The Greatest Commandments
Matthew 22
31And as for the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God,32"I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is God not of the dead, but of the living."33And when the crowd heard it, they were astounded at his teaching.34When the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together,35and one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him.36"Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?"37He said to him, " "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.'38This is the greatest and first commandment.39And a second is like it: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."


Do Not Worry

Matthew 6:25-33pp -- Lk 12:22-31

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ?28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


Jesus Teaches Nicodemus

John 3

1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council.2He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."3In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. "4"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"5Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.7You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
Confessing Jesus, the Son of Man, as the Messiah

  • Luke 12
    8"Also I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men,
           him the
    Son of Man also will confess before the angels of God.
    9But he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.



The Shepherd and His Flock

John 10:11-1411"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.12The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it.13The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.14"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me--

Finally, The Great EyeWitness Testimony to Jesus
From the writing of the great Jewish/Christian theologian
Saint Paul writes to the Romans:


Romans 10:9    That if you confess with your mouth,

 "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart 
that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.


Jesus came to Earth because God loves us.
Jesus and God desires a relationship with us.     Just as we desire a relationship with people we love,
Jesus taught us how to live life- Matthew 5-8.
Jesus, the most perfect, was/is rejected by people because God requires obedience and being responsible for our actions and behaviors.
Jesus in His being rejected suffered a horrible death.



But, in the End, after Jesus' death and because 
Jesus was obedient to the Will of God, God verified and made Holy all Jesus said and all He did.  God Glorified Jesus' life and Glorified His Words in raising Jesus from the dead.  Thank God, We believe in a Risen Saviour.
If you have not accepted Jesus as your Savior, do it now.On your knees confess, "Lord God, I do believe you are Lord of my lifeI believe Jesus died on a cross as a sacrifice for my sins,and for that, Jesus is my Saviour."
Consider as you think about this:
In you first moment of Eternity,As you stand before Jesus,The last words you do not want to hear from Jesus is,
"I do not know you".

As a little child, a lost sheep, 
Hear, Listen, follow directions,  but especially Follow Jesus,
So He will know your name.



Jesus is Truth

I hope you feel
the Ring of HisTruth in your heart,
because
His Truth Is Always Good for Us.



Thanks Be to God


© lonnie coggins

*NIV    New International Version
*KJV   King James Version

Please Join 'A Daily Thought Group' on Facebook.  
It is designed to be an uncluttered library of only ‘A Daily Thought’ postings.  

 Thanks and God Bless.

Click Here to go to  "A DAILY THOUGHT GROUP"   

Return to Main Menu

==============================

Sharing these messages

You are welcome to share these messages.  You can send the links to your friends,  copy and insert the link on FB or you can print the message and share it with your friends.

You can print the message including this sharing message only for your friends and for non-profit.  You MUST copy and paste the message to a word processing document.   After you copy and paste add the following at the end of the message:

© Lonnie Coggins        source- Facebook "A Daily Thought Group"
ldcoggins@gmail.com              www.adailythought.NET

If you desire to use any of these messages in a For-Profit manner you must contact me (email) for permission.  Typically, I will most likely give permission.

Please email me if you find any broken links in this message.


lonnie

Publication  0210


intro
MOST PEOPLE RECOGNIZE THE TRUTH OF JESUS WHEN THEY HEAR IT, and in hearing it, some people do not like it because it requires responsibility and obedience.  Click the link for some prefect thoughts that ring true.
 Please share the message on your Fb page as you like, and if you like, click the FB 'Follow' button to have notifications of these publications.  For other messages like this, visit my FB page, or on FB visit-"A Daily Thought Group".
http://lonnieadailythought.blogspot.com/2014/04/words-of-jesus-ring-of-truth.html




No comments:

Post a Comment