Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Random Thoughts for March 2012 week 3

March 14, 2012

                                                                     Return to Main Menu

We never know when 
     Our example is affecting those around us. 
We must live in faith 
      that our example is 
           the Worthy example God wants us to be.

Sometimes opportunities we often call problems 
    are simply based on how we look at things. 
In God's grace he have a completely different perspective and 
     see things in a whole new light, .....
          the Light of the world. 


March 12, 2012

Hope is not a destination, 
   it is a gift from God 
      during our earthly Journey to live in Him.

Hope…....................
We all have hope in our lives, but more importantly, 
    we need to feed our Hope in God. 

From the first time God spoke to Abraham in Genesis 12, 
    Hope became a central part of the Abraham’s life. 
What began with Abraham came all the way down through Jesus. 

Just as God was faithful to Abraham, so too is the hope that now comes through Jesus. Abraham was told he would birth... a great nation, but he had to wait 25 years for his old wife to have their first child, Isaac. 

We must learn from our history and experience. God will give us many blessings, but waiting is part of the having hope. Hope is not a destination, is the is the road we travel, patiently..... just as Abraham did. "Good things come to those who wait upon the Lord."

Thanks be to God.

                                                                     Return to Main Menu

.
-----------

1 comment:

  1. These thoughts really spoke to me. Thank you, Lonnie, for sharing.

    I have come to realize just how much the folks around me observe me. Recently, I had two observations pointed out to me that really surprised me. These were things that I really didn't think I reflected in the day-to-day functions. Clearly, I was wrong. It was observed that 1) I am a most-forgiving person. (WOW! Really?) and 2) I am a push-over. (I am?) These two characteristics may or may not be viewed as positive, but they are reflective of what others see.

    Hope...it's all too often something we constantly strive for only to feel like we never reach that place. You are absolutely right! We miss the hope of the journey by reaching for the hope of the destination. The waiting, the journey, can seem impossible at times. Overcoming the hopelessness of a long wait is done very carefully on a learning curve, I think.

    ReplyDelete