Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 16, 2012

What Line Are You In?


What Line Are You In?

As we get older, our children grow up, Christmas seems to come faster and faster each year, somewhat like birthdays.  We have to be careful, or like birthdays, we may think Christmas comes too often.

As I am now celebrating Christmas as a grandparent and I hope a grand parent, Christmas is becoming more fun than just a few years ago.  But, more importantly, the joy of Christmas is also increasing.  This comes not because of new children in the family but the realization of the importance in my life of the Christ child.

Being retired, I do not have to fight the long lines at the malls as I go at times most people are at work and I finish my use for the malls sooner rather than the day before unwrapping the gifts.  I also tend to think more about what I spend and how I spend it.  But, again more importantly, I think more about the gift of the Christ child.

As I do find myself in lines, I have come to watch people and how they interact with others in their lives.  One can often know that someone has been in the stores too long and dealing with too many long lines when their faces are showing the strain of diminished patience.  I know it is strange but it brings to mind the patience of Joseph as he wandered from place to place to find a place for Mary to lay and give us her gift of the Christ child.

There are long lines to stand in during the Christmas season.  But, the line we do not find is the line to see the Christ child.

Last year, a most beautiful new song was recorded.  It is a story about a check out line and a line to see the Christ child. 

 Here is the story behind the song and links to the song,
     


(An Original Song) 
Performed by father and daughter, 
Steve Haupt and Becky Kelley 
Inspired by grandson, Spencer Reijgers 
Written by Steve Haupt and Chris Loesch 

The story behind the song, as told by Steve Haupt: 

“While at the mall last year, my four year old grandson saw kids lined up excitedly to see Santa Claus.  Having been taught 
as a toddler that Christmas is the holiday that Christians celebrate the birth of God's son; with the innocence of a child, he 
asked his mom, ‘Where's the line to see Jesus? If Christmas is Jesus' birthday, why don't we see Him more?’ 

As his grandpa, I was so happy that little Spencer understood the meaning of Christmas at such a tender age, and then the words for 
a song were jotted down in just a few minutes.  The song was inspired by my grandson, and the message was inspired by my 
Savior.  Out of the mouths of babes come profound truths that many adults can not understand.  Hopefully Spencer's 
observation and our song will cause people to reflect on the love of Jesus, and the certainty that one day we will all stand in
line to see Jesus.  Merry Christmas everyone.” 

Click here for the video:  Where is the Line to see Jesus


Merry Christmas,
May everytime you ever stand in line again, you ask the question,
"Where is the Line to see Jesus".

No comments:

Post a Comment